I do love basil fried rice, always have and always will. However SP’s stomach can’t really handle rice so I don’t cook it as much as I would (which is a big deal I’m asian after all). I’ve evolved and my life doesn’t revolve around rice that much anymore.
This recipe is spicy as we both like spice so feel free to tone it down. I did eyeball some spices so I will try my best to determine the amount. I am going to assume you have some experience cooking so you know how much flavour you would want to add or take away. I recommend using chilli paste instead of chilli powder if you have it for a better flavour, I was just out of it.
- 1 cup Tricolour quinoa (I used Elan) (i had a little over 1 cup bc it was left over)
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil (i used coconut)
- 2 medium carrots (julienne)
- Half a medium onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (chopped)
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (more if you want i kept it light)
- 1 red pepper
- Wash and cook quinoa
- Chop/dice/mince veggies etc. and mix all spices and soy sauce together in a small bowl
- Heat your wok/pan with oil and toss in the veggies and cook for about 5 minutes (i don’t like my veggies too soft) add onion cook till translucent
- Add ginger and garlic along with the spices soy sauce mixture stir in for a bit.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir in till mixed and add basil. Mix in for a few minutes, taste for seasoning adjustments and you’re done.