Clearly life is busy and I don’t get around to posting much but what I have been doing is meal prepping weekly to reduce the stress of figuring out what to eat. I’ve come across few recipes for these egg muffins so I thought hey why not! Its an easy and quick breakfast on the go.
To me they taste like a mini frittata. These are great because it is a guilt free breakfast and I get my veggie and protein in the morning without it being a chore.
Egg Muffins serves 6
- 7 large Eggs & about half a carton of Egg whites (~250g)
- 3 cups chopped Vegetables (I used mushroom, spinach & onions)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of your choice (feta is great too) or more
- Salt & Pepper (I just sprinkled it in without measuring)
- Cayenne (for some kick) optional
- Parmesan (to sprinkle on top, optional)
- Preheat your oven at 350F and spray/grease your muffin tin well or line them. Mix the eggs well in a big bowl and most of the egg whites.
- Toss in the veggies and the shredded cheese, mix it up. (I put in a leaf of spinach into each tin and mixed the rest)
- Season with salt pepper and whatever spice of your choosing.
- Divide your egg mixture into your muffin tins (I had my tin poured practically to the rim) and pour the remaining eggs white to top off your tin. Sprinkle some parmesan on top. Pop them in the oven for 25 minutes and voila! they are done. Check by poking in a knife, if it comes out clean you’re good to go.
I don’t let them sit in the muffin tin long as I find my eggs still tend to stick even when it is well greased. Also the eggs do rise quite a bit but will deflate as they cool, so don’t worry about it spilling over.
I usually don’t keep these in the fridge for more than 4 or 5 days, you could freeze them but I am not sure how they taste after as mine never last that long. I just make mine and eat them with the 5 day mark. I consider 2 muffins as a serving.
You could also try using 12 eggs if you don’t want to mix in the egg whites. Experiment and modify it to your hearts content. I’m sure adding bits of bacon into this would be amazing too. Laterz